Friday, August 10, 2018

You Just Have to Die

Jesus said to his disciples:
"Amen, amen, I say to you,
unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies,
it remains just a grain of wheat;
but if it dies, it produces much fruit.
Whoever loves his life loses it,
and whoever hates his life in this world
will preserve it for eternal life.
Whoever serves me must follow me,
and where I am, there also will my servant be.
The Father will honor whoever serves me."




The "Amen, Amen, I say to you." is a tipoff that what follows is very important. And we do not have words like, "love one another" or "feed the hungry."  We have instructions that a grain of wheat has to die in order to produce more wheat.  We are told that if we grasp our lives with a white-knuckled ferocity that we will lose it but if we die to self and live for the Kingdom of God we will persevere and heaven will be our reward.  What we have to do is to follow Jesus Christ, the Son of God on His journey.  We must serve Him and follow Him wherever He goes, even to the Cross.  Our reward? We will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.  


Why I Am So Passionate About The 
Poor Souls in Purgatory

I know I am passionate about the poor souls in purgatory.  It's just that there is no way I am going to leave this world without stopping there before heaven.  My sins are many and unfortunately, by the time I am called home, I will have no one to pray for me.  You see, the old saying "out of sight, out of mind"  really applies to the dead.  Life is just structured that way, we need to tend to the living while we are here and can spare scant time for those that have gone before us.  I have no family to pray for me when I am gone so I will be among the poorest of the poor souls.  Please pray for them today, there are so many who have no one to pray for them.   It is a charity that does not go unnoticed.  Those in Purgatory will remember your help for all eternity and your act of charity, using precious time to pray for those in Purgatory and it pleases the Lord as well.  So please take some time out of your busy day and remember the Poor Souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment