Wednesday, April 18, 2018

There Is Always Hope

Jesus said to the crowds,                                                            
"I am the bread of life;
whoever comes to me will never hunger,
and whoever believes in me will never thirst.
But I told you that although you have seen me,
you do not believe.
Everything that the Father gives me will come to me,
and I will not reject anyone who comes to me,
because I came down from heaven not to do my own will but the will of the one who sent me. And this is the will of the one who sent me, that I should not lose anything of what he gave me, but that I should raise it on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him on the last day."

Yesterday, I began my reflection stating how good it was to be a Catholic. It truly is a blessing to be a Catholic for as I said, the entire revelation of Jesus is laid out for us and is there for the taking.  But what about the people who, through no fault of their own, have been brought up in the Protestant tradition of the faith?  What will become of them?  For them there is Hope.  Jesus states that he will not lose even one of those who profess Him as Lord.  I truly believe that in the end there will be a reconnection to the Body of Christ of all those that are currently separated.  The Holy Spirit will be distributing graces that will allow people of good will to see how and why they should return to the Catholic Church, the one founded by Jesus Himself.  

I hear some people groaning out there.  I hear them say, "Aren't there different denominations to fit the spiritual needs of all of the different people in the world?"   To this, I can only refer to the prayer of Jesus at the Last Supper, a personal prayer moment that we were privy to, where He asked for unity, as He and the Father are one.  The Father will grant this request for He can never say, "no" to His Son.  In the end, there will be one flock and one shepherd!

Think of the wonder of that day!  Those that were anti-Catholic will sit down with us and share the very Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Christ.  Grace will flow like a raging torrent.  Minds will be open to the true Wisdom of God and we will be united and undivided forever.  And forever we will sing the praises of our God as we gaze in wonder at His great beauty and greater glory. 

Please remember the poor souls in Purgatory today.  They need our prayers.  Remember, as they are, someday you might be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment